April 6, 2014

An Exhibition



I am very pleased to be having a small exhibition at a curatorial project space, Some Walls, in Oakland, CA, directed by the artist and writer Chris Ashley. On view is a small selection of some of my work: paintings, boxed paintings, hooked wool drawings, and prints. At this link for the Some Walls website, you can see the work, and read a terrific essay that Chris has written about it; I feel very humbled by his words. I hope you will click through to the link and read it, for it has insights on my work that never occurred to me, and it's beautifully written.
(Be patient; some of the images take a few seconds to load).

Any of my friends living in the Bay Area can make an appointment to see the show, via an email address that you can find on the website. Let me know what you think if you do get a chance to go, and thanks to all my readers for your kind support of this blog.


9 comments:

  1. congratulations Altoon, the work looks very good in situ! the essay is enlightening and well written. once again I am on the wrong continent but would love to see your work in the real world if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good news! I live near Oakland and am thrilled at the prospect of seeing your work in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Maureen and Suzanna. At least one of us is close enough to go see the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish your work would come closer to my home. I would love to see it in person. Congrats on the exhibit. I will pop over to read the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The essay is so good. I always forget how famous you are. I always feel like I am chatting with a friend and keeping up with her art when I visit here. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I am not really famous except in the narrowest sense that some people know my work; I feel quite ordinary.

      Delete
    2. Neither you or your art is ordinary. Best of luck with the show.

      Delete
  6. Altoon, Chris Ashley's essay is indeed beautifully written and insightful. Congratulations on the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cecilia; I'm glad you liked the essay.

      Delete