June 26, 2016

A Hiatus....




I began writing this blog on August 1, 2009, so it will soon be 7 years old. It was quite different when I began, with many brief posts each week, but as time went on I wrote longer posts which were more thoughtfully (I hope) developed. It's been a pleasure sharing my ideas about art and books and films and nature with you, dear readers, but now I need a break. Of course, if I want to write about something from time to time, I will do so, but I have to get away from feeling obligated to write. Even writing about my own work sometimes bores me...enough already! According to Blogger, I've written 1,459 posts, and they're all accessible. You can look through them by the labels listed at the right side of the online blog––such as art history, recipes, reading and writing, ruminations––(for email subscribers, click on "Studio and Garden" at the top of the page to get to the web version); you can also put search terms in the box at the top of the page, or simply click through to older posts. I have an active presence on Facebook, posting nature and art images almost daily, so you can follow me there. I will continue to show my new work on Facebook, and you can see albums of earlier work too.

Thank you so much for your kind interest; it's been fun, and I may be back at any time.....

18 comments:

  1. It's reassuring to hear someone say it. After my 1900th post, 9 years later, I post much less. I think them sometimes, photograph for them sometimes, but often they never get past that stage. Enjoy your newly found time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your break is well deserved!
    All the best to YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The visual-discipline has been helpful.
    Gratefully I wish you well.
    Thank you
    James Small

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind thoughts, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Altoon, your posts have always been thoughtful, glad they are available to be seen and wish you a good "break" which I'm sure will be full of many sorts of things. Enjoy! Enjoy! and thank you for the riches you have given.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Altoon, for all the posts on this blog and your continued presence on facebook. enjoy your break and look forward to seeing you here, as and when!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a busy time of year. I don't blame you for not posting. Do enjoy your hiatus. If you decide to come back I will be here. I have learned so much from your thoughtful postings and enjoyed every word and picture. Happy summer...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your true obligation is to your own creative impulses. Thank you for all you've shared here, and continue to share in other formats and arenas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1459 is an excellent number. Thanks -- we have thoroughly enjoyed the seminar! Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Altoon: such a generous act all this time. Sending much appreciation your way. Completely get the shift: I have almost totally stopped my blog, but find Instagram still allows me connection. Gave up FB yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS: your photo of that rise is as exquisite as a La Tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you meant rose? but it's a peony.

      Delete
    2. Arise by any other name would spell as neat.

      Delete
  12. Your blog has been a bright spot on the internet, both here and on fb. I've so enjoyed your thoughtful writing and gorgeous photos of nature and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again, so very much, for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sincere thanks for the beauty you bring us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not exist on facebook....so miss you...oh well....my choice I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looked in for years and enjoyed your blog. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete