July 9, 2015

Strawberry Muffins




It's strawberry season here in northern Vermont. Along with strawberry shortcake, a recipe I love is this one for strawberry muffins, which came from a container of Stonyfield Farm yogurt. Using yogurt instead of milk adds extra flavor to the muffins. I usually freeze some chopped strawberries so I can make these during the winter. The same recipe works well for blueberries or raspberries (I'd much rather have a raspberry muffin than a blueberry one).

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teas baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 teas vanilla
1 cup chopped strawberries

Preheat oven to 375º.
Mix flours, sugar, and baking soda in a bowl.
In another bowl, beat eggs, then mix them with the yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla.
Toss the strawberries in the flour mixture, then pour liquid ingredients into the flour and blend.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins: 12 for smaller muffins, 10 for larger (I prefer fewer larger muffins).
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top is golden and batter is cooked through.


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I have been in Northern Vermont all June and it has been blissful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing your recipe...maybe I can take Vermont with me through the kitchen as well as the studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tilly; I'm happy you enjoy the blog. There are lots more recipes; just click on "recipes" at the bottom of the post.

      Delete